Monday, April 29, 2019

Week 68-Entebbe with Elder Budu


I'll get down to it, this week we really didn't do too much because Elder Budu messed up his knee. I don't know how but he's going to the doctor tomorrow so I guess we will see then. He said he's in a lot of pain and it hurts to walk so we didn't teach much at all this week. I'll just give you a few highlights, but there will be even less than usual. Tuesday, we went and saw a super less active member who lives next to us. (I didn't even know she was a member) and we hung out with her and talked with her a little bit. Turns out she's just super busy with work and taking care of her kid. She's a really nice lady though, we just talked about how important it is to take the sacrament and how it can be a source of spiritual strength. Wednesday we had DDM in Kajansi so we had a long taxi ride. I liked our training. It made me reflect on some of my harder mission experiences. If you don't try and get something out of the hard things you go through in life, you'll miss out on so much growth. Being on a mission is such a good opportunity to grow and become better. It’s an experience that literally helps you grow into a man and prepares you to be a good husband and father. But it's only what you make it. Wednesday, I had one of my favorite lunches. Eggs and rice with broccoli and bell peppers in it-SO good. We did some service-well I did - Budu had to sit and rest his leg.
Thursday, Budu couldn’t walk so I read a lot and studied a lot, did some yoga and got a good workout in. I sat up on the balcony and watched the sunset while I read. That's the sunset I sent you. It was super-duper pretty. Friday it rained all day and I got a little bit of cabin fever. I’m not used to this much resting… The last few days have been nice because of all the rain. It's been cool in the mornings. Today was good, we went to church we watched the first two talks of the priesthood session from conference. I thought Stevenson gave an awesome talk and it was cool to hear him mention Bryce Harper. 
Some stuff from my readings this week that stuck out to me were, in Mosiah 4 when king Benjamin talks about how just knowing isn't enough, we need to act on what we know. I liked that, it really resonated with me. And then I read 3 Nephi 11 today when Christ visits the Nephites. I loved reading that chapter and the following one because you can feel the love of Christ plainly. That's my week tho, more quiet than usual. Love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment