Monday, April 8, 2019

Week 65- Entebbe with Elder Budu

Hey Mom and Dad, These picture show you how many people are in a "nice" taxi.

I decided to send this tonight before I went to bed since I never get around to it on Mondays lately. I'll try and just stick to the big stuff so I can keep it short and sweet. 
Monday, I spent most of the day with woodland in Kajansi and then came back with Budu once he was done in Kampala. He got a nasty rash later that night. Poor guy
 Wednesday we had DDM and it started out really good, there was a great spiritual thought about how we can try and be most Christ like and have the spirit with us. I think that's something that I will think about more in my own personal life. I've realized it’s so necessary to have that spiritual guidance not just as a missionary but as a person in our day to day lives. The sisters are going to cook lunch for us at next week’s DDM. 
Thursday was long since we spent most of the day on a taxi. That was when we had interviews and I found out I'll be going to Ethiopia as long as all my paperwork gets cleared. It's a really big change. There's a lot of excitement that I'm feeling but I'm also not really looking forward to another change now that I've adjusted here. Not to say I'm not ready to get out of Uganda though. This means I'm trying to study Amharic a little bit since I'll be teaching in that full time now. I'll link a little video about what it's like. It's been tough to learn on my own. After interviews we taxied back and hung out for the rest of the evening since it was late. 
Friday, we had a book of Mormon class that like 20 people told us they'd come for and confirmed right before we left... And no one showed up. We got to teach Albert that day though for the last time before he gets baptized in May since he's going to Canada. 
Saturday the best part of the day was cleaning the church. Haha we did get a lot of referrals this week (finally what the heck) but me and Budu are both going to be gone now next transfer so that's a bummer.  
Sunday was good, sacrament especially. I had a bad headache but managed to still make it really meaningful as I tried to focus on the savior. 
I've started reading in the middle of Jesus The Christ to get ready for Easter. That really made it special for me last year and I want to do it again. I wish I would've started earlier so I could read it all, but I dropped the ball. Something that stood out to be as I was reading in the beginning of 2nd Nephi this week was about how we all have the agency to make choices, but as we look to the Savior we'll be able to resist temptation and make good choices even when it's hard. It made me think about what I do each day to "look to the Savior".  

No comments:

Post a Comment