Monday, April 15, 2019

Week 66-Entebbe with Elder Budu



Hope this makes you laugh. How to keep your kids out of your candy-Guard it with some chopped off chicken heads. 
Well this week was interesting. The best part of my week was getting your package. You and Bailee are so thoughtful and every little thing makes me smile. I'm sure me and Budu are going to be in a slight sugar coma tomorrow from all the Cadbury eggs we ate tonight but it's good, were happy. Mom, thank you so much. It's like you sent me a little bit of home. I'm such a lucky son to have a mom like you. And tell Holly the bug stuff worked! We literally watched bed bugs crawl out of our mattresses! Let me tell you some of the little things about the week. Monday was great as usual so nice to hear from home. Wednesday we had DDM and after the sisters made us jollof rice (idk how to spell it) it's like fried rice with veggies... It was good. Thursday, we saw a lot of the referrals from the Ward. The next missionaries here are so lucky, they will have an amazing teaching pool. Friday, we cleaned the church almost the whole morning. Then we went and saw this member and I fell out of his avocado tree. I just slipped and fell like 12 feet flat on my back. I'm fine, just knocked the wind out of me. Budu and the member we were with could not stop laughing about it. We ended up with about 50 avocados. I wouldn't say it was worth it, but it wasn't that bad. My biggest regret is that no one had it on video so I could enjoy it as well. Saturday, we had conference and oh my that was an event. Everything is an event here literally we were there all day, but it was good. There was a lot I got out of it. I really loved the closing prayer, which is a funny thing to love, but it was one of the best prayers I've ever heard. It really stood out to me. I enjoyed all the talk about eternal families. It made me focus on how much joy it brings into my life knowing that my relationships with the people I love will last beyond the grave. It's a hope I take for granted growing up just knowing that's the way it is. But being able to share that hope has really opened my eyes to what a blessing it is to have that knowledge. I also felt a deep love for the Savior and his atonement which makes all that possible. I love you guys so much and miss you like crazy! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment