Saturday, June 30, 2018

Week 24 in Lugazi with Elder Woodland


Hey family! Sounds like you guys had a crazy busy week. Tuesday, I got quite the adrenaline rush. I almost got hit by a drunk driver and had to literally dive out of the way. Elder Hyer thought I was going home for sure, he couldn't believe that I made it out of the way. Thank goodness for quick reflexes. We also saw a boda man who was plastered drunk. I don't know how he was even walking. We saw him walk (stumble) out of the bar and then climb on his boda. He only made it about a hundred feet before he just tipped over. It was awesome. I found a place that sells raisins here! They're super expensive but as an occasional treat they're okay. We had exchanges with the zone leaders in Jinja. The best part was I got to take a real shower. A HOT shower!! It was unreal. So crazy the little things that I took for granted at home. Like carpet, the day I get home I’m going to take a nap…on the carpet!
 No baptisms this week because the zone leaders couldn't come to interview my investigators. We have quite a few people who are ready. 


    



Then that's me with Sister Whinnie. She had her farewell Sunday and she's about to leave on her mission. She's someone that I'd consider a real friend that I've made here, so it's kinda sad that she's going to be leaving. We're going to go to her house for dinner tonight, hopefully everything is cooked all the way through lol. She has been called to Zimbabwe! She leaves with Elder Ojakol, the one who's been living with us. They'll go to the MTC in South Africa together. I got a picture of a letter from Bailee in Belize. Her group leader sent it to me.  It made me laugh big time. She's experiencing some of the same stuff as I am right now. Poor living conditions, doing service and work, no internet, and poverty.  Really proud of how hard she's working. That's legit hard work and she's there for almost 3 weeks. I can't wait to hear more about her experience. I just found out though that I'm going to be spending the next few days in Jinja. They're doing a deep clean on our house, so we must leave for a few days.  I'm stoked to get our house cleaned and sprayed for bugs. It's so filthy right now. I have no clue where we're gonna stay or how it's gonna work out. Who knows hahaha. Hopefully someone will tell us soon. President just called me like 5 minutes ago and just told me we had to be gone tomorrow and the next day and didn't say much else.
I've heard every member a missionary before but now I see why that's so important. Our church is so much more than just a church. It is a way of life and the way to eternal life. I've learned a lot being out here. I love you all so much! Hugs-Dylan


No comments:

Post a Comment