Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Week 25 in Lugazi with Elder Woodland

So, this week was most unusual! Our home was scheduled to be fumigated and deep cleaned for regular maintenance. We had to spend a few days staying with other missionaries. I also spent a day with Millecam in Jinja and a day in Kampala, went to the mission home and then the spent the day in office for work permits and visa applications. I spent most of the day waiting there, it was so long. It is possible I will be transferred to another country in the mission-I’m assuming that since I was there filling out work/visa permits. Then we went and walked around the shop rite in Kampala. It's so nice but everything is so expensive (for us missionaries) compared to home it's ridiculously cheap. You can get a whole Subway sandwich for about a dollar. And the fruits and veggies are soooo cheap. But I couldn't even afford asparagus. Hahaha. I was only in Kampala one day, so I didn't even stay the night. Just traveled back that day. I got a hot shower in Walukuba! It was so nice. I haven't felt that clean in a LONG time. I loved it. I really wish I could stay for one more transfer in Lugazi just because I like my routine. I've grown to almost enjoy Uganda. Hahaha just kidding I do enjoy it. My week was kinda crazy! Despite only being in our area two days this week we found 14 new investigators. That was pretty awesome, sadly most of them aren't serious. And then you know Joy, she got baptized. Pretty funny that she had a calling and everything and wasn't even a member. And then President Charles baptized his daughter. And then the girl I'm holding is his daughter too. That's his whole family.


No comments:

Post a Comment