Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Week 26 In Lugazi with Elder Woodland and Elder Mukuna

Hey guys- Happy 4th of July!  I missed you so much on the fourth. Like a ton. We burned a couch! Ya, the couch was kinda fun, super-hot though. Not as cool as fireworks.  I bought a nice steak from Jinja and had a good dinner that included protein ice cream courtesy of gnarly whey protein. The ice cream is super easy. It's just protein powder, dates, a banana, and canned coconut milk. But I made it without milk too and used cashews that I soaked in water and that worked and was super good too. But you just blend it all up and get the right consistency and then put it in the freezer. I loved it. So, lots of interesting stuff happened this week. No transfer news yet. This transfer ends this Sunday, but we won't actually move areas until Wednesday. They give us a day to pack and to say bye.
Zone conference was long, but good. They fed us some local food- So rice, beans, matoke, a little bit of beef, g nut sauce, sweet potatoes, Irish potatoes, or baked potatoes, chapatti (tortilla) and some steamed veggies I have a new companion -I'm in a threesome until transfers. His name is Elder Mukuna. He's from the Congo and is just starting to learn English soooo I'm learning some French, as we try communicating haha. We walked a ton this week. I walked right though the soles of my Steve Maddens. I'm just rocking Jesus Sandals for now, but don't worry about sending new shoes I should be able to find some here that I can get by with. They're super cheap here. Just not that fashionable haha. We had no water or power this entire week. Luckily it rained a lot, so we had lots of rain water for showering. All that walking payed off on Sunday when we baptized Joseph and Keith. (Keith is a girl btw) I've been teaching them for a while so that was really awesome. Also, really been enjoying the Book of Mormon this week.  I just feel like I can understand it well and I'm able to find stuff that I can apply to my life. Somehow Elder Hyer is related to the Cleggs from our old ward AND to Mr. Miner from 5th grade. What a small world. Funniest thing that happened this week was a two-way tie. First, we crashed a little wedding next door. We just were walking by and went and danced and hung out with them for a while and congratulated the couple. They were super happy to have us there. The other thing was someone threw a cow’s head at us on the way to church. They didn't hit us, but we thought it was so funny. I gotta cut my hair before transfers and I'm dreading it.  I just don't want to mess it up really bad. I'm good enough I can cut other peoples hair okay, but cutting your own is so hard.
Mom I'm getting really good at cooking. I don't even like going to restaurants because they're expensive and now I can cook better than any of that food. I made almond crusted tilapia with mango sauce last night mmmm.




No comments:

Post a Comment