Saturday, July 28, 2018

Week 28 Bardege,Gulu with Elder Ankrah

  






My new area is super great. On the drive down I saw lots of cool animals. Baboons climbed all over our truck and stuff on the way here. Also, there were elephants on the drive, and nearby there are hippos, lions, zebras, and giraffes. I love it already. It's so bush though ahhaha. Like we actually teach in huts with dirt floors. The people here are amazing though. They're so kind, and sooooo smart. It's way easier to feel the spirit teaching because of their education and ability to read. And the Branch is so great. There's total like 150 members and we had about 105 in sacrament meeting, it was great. It could be a ward soon, there's just a few qualifications it needs to meet.  We have a very nice church building! Way better than the last one. I will like it here I think. The church is about a five-minute walk, not far at all. We already have a bunch of people to teach. We were only in our area for like half a day and we got 6 new investigators. Luckily, I didn't have to drive down. President's assistants brought us down. They showed us the area a little bit on Friday and we had dinner appointments Thursday and the two on Friday. So Elder Colvin set the dinner appointments up, he's the AP right now and he used to serve here. I like him a lot and I had a blast learning the area with him. I ate with Jolly Joe and his family, and man named Yosum and his family, and then two Sharron’s also fed us. Hahaha a lot. I didn't even eat Saturday I was so full. The apartment is an upgrade but not a huge one. The best thing is that we have a shower that has hot water sometimes and a really nice tile floor. I'll send pics later because internet sucks so bad today. Anyways, we've been sooo busy. On Saturday we drove to a place called Lira. There's no missionaries there but the branch is doing missionary work, so we had to go and interview the baptismal candidates. It was a super cool experience! I got to meet some people with really strong testimonies. One of the ladies that I interviewed had been investigating for over a year. Another said she knew the church was true as soon as she went in because of how Christ like the people were, it could only be Christ's true church. By the way, I love driving here. NO RULES. It was weird at first but I'm getting the hang of it. I've realized you just have to be aggressive on the road and then you're okay.  My companion is Elder Ankrah. He's a convert from a part member family. He's a really nice guy from Ghana. He's been out a little over a year now. He was raised in the church by his Mom since he was 12, he's 25 now. He's Hard working.
I'll only be in Gulu for two days. Then we'll be in Kampala for mission leadership council. The area we proselyte in is called Bardege. Gulu is the zone I'm over.  It's one of the smaller zones, and it's the furthest away in the country. My responsibilities include taking care of the zone, make sure everyone is being obedient, drive people around, interview candidates, plan activities for the zone, and report to president. It's a lot of fun.  The water here is better, electricity is still sketchy but that's no big deal anymore!!   I sure love you guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment