Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Week 22 in Lugazi with Elder Woodland

  
 

Hey Family! I missed you a lot this week! The next time that you send a package you'll have to throw some raisins in there. And then you can just load it up with candy. I eat healthy everyday out here, I should be fine if you send me some junk. Reese's are always missed dearly. I love those so much. Jelly beans are always good, Oreos, basically anything that I love from home. My options are very limited here. I miss tons of stuff!  Guess what made my week? I finally got some of the letters that you guys sent! I got a bunch from Corbin that made me laugh my head off, but super homesick and then I got a really good one from you, mom that made me want to give you a hug.
 The week was pretty good. Really rainy. There was a political assassination this week and on top of that some corrupt mayor was released from prison so there has been a bit of civil unrest here. The people aren't too happy so there have been marches and riots all week. We didn't know that it was going on, so when we got to town, we just stayed at the church for a while. We had a lot of good lessons this week though and we were super busy. Sunday, I gave a talk on the signs of the second coming and I'm pretty sure half the branch is terrified of it now. -opps We also had two baptisms Sunday and the lady who got baptized is the mother to one of the other girls we baptized. Pretty dang cool. We are still teaching Malayka. She is a super cool lady, and she's a single mom. Her son, Britton is 5. But she lives with her mom and her sister and they all kinda take care of each other. I am hoping to get to baptize her before I leave this area.
By the way-they call me Kinyama. It means muscles. I get it a lot and I love it. - I think it's hilarious


No comments:

Post a Comment