Monday, June 4, 2018

Week 20 in Lugazi with Elder Woodland


Ahh it's always so good to hear from you. I'm doing lots better this week still a little sick but getting better. How's the 220? Man, that sounds like so much fun. I'm glad Baylor traded for the truck, he'll love that. I loved the picture of Corb on the dirt bike. What a stud.
I had a pretty good week here. Other than I accidently killed my neighbors chicken with a machete and then she tried to get me thrown in jail, but the chicken was eating the maize that we have growing in the compound and I thought it was a free-range chicken.  So my guard explained that it was eating the garden and we didn’t know it belonged to her.
Also had a run in with some goofy guy who told me that I couldn't proselyte in Getti Getti (an area in Lugazi) he said we hadn't gone through the local religion council and we needed to submit a letter, so that's the second letter that I wrote to the council. Funny huh? 
Zone conference was good. I enjoyed the leadership training. We talked about communicating the vision of the mission. That was my favorite thing because it can be applied in real life too. Knowing the vision makes you more successful.

We baptized four people this week! Rose, Joan 1, Joan 2, and Cathy. Been teaching Joan 1 since my first day. It was really cool to baptize her. I like the jumpsuit sometimes just because it's so easy and then my white clothes don't get wrecked. they always get so dirty when you change out of them.

I went to a real gym this morning. That was so nice, made me miss a real gym. That's a rolex stand in Nemengo (Na-mango, it's in Lugazi, where we live) and then those are matoke bananas. 


 I'm so glad that you guys are seeing blessings. That makes it worth it for me mom. On the hard days that's what I focus on so knowing that you're seeing them makes me super happy. I have to go now, but I want you to know that I love you tons.










No comments:

Post a Comment