Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Week 19 in Lugazi with Elder Woodland

 Man, it has been a long week. I've missed you tons. It feels like it's been so long since I've talked to you. Haha-wasn’t it just last week?? I'm glad you and Baylor liked the stuff I sent you. When I send my fit bit home to you I'm gonna throw some more small things like that in there for you guys. You're not going to believe this, but I actually wish I was home to do yard work with you and Dad. That sounds so fun to me. Weird huh?   So, I guess I have a little bit of a virus right now. It's nothing major it just makes me feel miserable during the day. I'm just super tired and have a super sore throat. And then really bad body aches and a bit of a fever.  I did not want to get up these last few days but since I had places to be I had to. Sister Collings might have us go to Kampala tomorrow to check us out. One thing I am so sick and tired of here is the blatant racism against white people. They literally have two different prices for everything. A 2k taxi costs us 10k, it's ridiculous. I got in a little scuffle with a taxi driver that tried to cheat us the other day. He wouldn't let me off the taxi until I paid him five times what he agreed on, so I tossed him the money that we agreed on and pushed my way off the taxi. He chased me down and tried to put me back on. We're going to talk to the mission president about it this week because we can't afford to get cheated like that when we have to travel and then still pay for food. We have another elder staying with us now. He's in a threesome with Hyer and Dailey and he's waiting for his visa to come back so he's serving here for a little while. His name is Elder Ojakol, he's from Uganda. He lived about 20 minutes from Lugazi. He saw his Mom today actually.  It was hard for him and for all of us. It made me really miss you. That was hard.
We didn't have any baptisms Sunday because it was stake conference, but we have 14 people ready right now. Some of the challenges that hold people back here are Church attendance and then just willingness to keep commandments. Chastity is a big one, same with word of wisdom because of coffee and tea. Specifically, tea. I'm working really hard mom. It’s the best thing to pass the time.  I don't have many pictures because my camera died, and I can only charge it on Mondays. I'll make up for it with a lot of pics this next week. Tell all the family I love them! Love, your firstborn in the wilderness



No comments:

Post a Comment