Monday, May 14, 2018

Week 17 in Lugazi with Woodland




My birthday was good, a little melancholy as well. I ate a ton on my birthday. Everyone has been trying to feed me and I've had sooooo much local food. At Winnie’s house she made us a FEAST. After they sung me happy birthday and then Sister Winnie poured water on my head.  Elder Dailey ate so much that night he threw up and was just laying on sister Winnie’s floor. The best dinner was Sunday night though at Malayka's house. She's so awesome Mom, I doubt she'll ever get baptized but she's one of my favorite people that I've met here. She's been looking for a traditional, handmade beaded necklace for you.
 Man mom, you think a donkey is bad? Down the street from our house they raise pigs that they sell to the pork joint and they slaughter them every couple days... at four in the morning. It's horrendous. You can't sleep through it. I go to sleep so early. Like right when we get home. Usually by 9:30 I'm in bed. The best part of my day right now is the early morning, I get up and workout at about 5:30 every morning and then I go for a run with our elder's quorum president Andrew. He is also one of the guards. I've become really good friends with him. He's a great guy- he's the one we sent to see the prophet.

 This Sunday was super rewarding. I baptized a guy that I met & started teaching my first day here. Ojambo, Steven. He's a really cool guy and his testimony seriously touched me. I met him playing pool actually. It was an inspired game, needless to say. The other guy is Nigo, the powerlifter with polio. And in that picture at my birthday party, my hair, ya it's normally more combed than that don't worry.  President Collings hurt his back or something so they're not coming out for interviews so If I don't get mail today I won't get it until the 23rd for zone conference. I'll call them and see if it's there. I don't have to pay anything to pick up packages-all the other missionaries are super jealous. Tell Corbin that I'm gonna do my best not to cry, but if I do cry than I'm gonna make him cry in the airport when I see him one way or another. 



Dad, if it wasn't for you I couldn't be out here. You're such stud, I look up to you way more than I think you realize. I draw courage from your example and I'm always trying to make you proud. I wish it was me and you out here together though. That would make this a lot more fun. Haha-I feel your parenting pain now…I'm constantly telling the other missionaries to turn the lights off, close the fridge, wash their dishes, pick up their clothes, and to wake up. It's been good though, I can't wait to hear from you. Love you. Elder Payne


No comments:

Post a Comment