Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Week 16 in Lugazi with Elder Woodland







Hey Mom! So I need your skype username. I'll be able skype for sure. I'll be skyping some time on Mother’s Day in the morning for you like around 6-9 am. The only thing you need to have set up is a camera or whatever you'll be using so that we can see each other. I did get a camera btw! 
It's funny that you guys had so much to do on Sunday, my Sunday was crazy too. I basically ran the branch! It was super stressful, in a not really stressful way because at the end of the day I am in Africa. idk if that made any sense. I had to get everything in order as far as the baptismal service and the hymns, making sure we started on time, and just lots and lots of little things like that. I'm glad that you're loving your calling!!  That's so sick that you got the earrings I sent. I'm about to send you a few more things today actually, that was good that you let me know they made it! Oh my heck I love the Gnarly protein! It's the best, and I mix it with cinnamon and it's basically a dessert. I love that stuff. Tell Eli thanks for me big time!
Of course, Corbin is gonna be excited, I ate bugs. They weren't something I would seek out to eat but they weren't bad either. At least I ate them on purpose this time...
Training is super fun though. My new comp is Elder Woodland. I'm working him hard… maybe a little too hard. I realized Sunday night that I've wrecked him with how much we've been walking so I might have to tone it down a little. Poor guy- got sun burned so bad his second day here. Really though, I like him a lot and he's a lot of fun. I think he is adjusting well. He's having a blast. I really like training. I could train my whole mission and be perfectly happy. It makes me want to be more obedient and a good example. I let my new comp baptize one of the investigators that we were teaching. It was super neat to see. I'm really loving the people here. They're super good to me and I'm making genuine friends. The thing that I am super proud of though, is how many of our RC's are super active in the church. On Sunday everyone that blessed and passed the sacrament were people that I've baptized. It was the coolest ever! I felt so good and it makes me want to work harder and harder. I'm definitely a work hard, play hard missionary. I've gotten super good at pool. Be prepared Baylor! I haven't lost a game in a few weeks now.
We are constantly picking up new investigators. We teach so many people It's hard to keep track to be honest. At least 10 new ones a week. This one guy Nigo, he doesn't really come to church, but he is a really cool guy. I really like him. Anyways he had polio when he was young, and it caused his leg to be all deformed but now he owns a gym and he won the National championship in powerlifting I guess for his weight class. I'm going to go see him tonight, He's a super cool guy. And he owns a gym, so we get along good. 
The goal that we set this last week was to get 12 baptisms this transfer. The thing that made me happiest was going out to this place called Pakistan this week. We went out to see a couple investigators, one was named Babiry Foster and the other is Nax. They're the funniest people ever and they just make me laugh and laugh and laugh. Foster was a less active and she's started coming back to church and we're going to baptize Nax this Sunday. Fazira and a lady named Amina will also be baptized for sure on Sunday and maybe a guy named Steven if we can meet with him. We also took a Sister named Winnie with us to help us teach this week. She's going to Zimbabwe on her mission in June and she's so cool. She's feeding us this week. 
I'm going to have a good birthday! Everyone in the branch wants to feed me. I'm taking a whole week off from my diet and I'm going to a members house every night to eat. I love the people here they're so kind to me. May the fourth be with you too Mom. I love you a ton


No comments:

Post a Comment