Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Week 7 in Lugazi with Elder Millecam

I can't even tell you how lucky I am to be in this mission. I am in love with Uganda, and especially Lugazi. I hope that I get to spend quite a bit of time in this area. Something special is happening here. I know I'm a young missionary, but I really don't feel like it. Elder Millecam is doing a great job training. I love that guy. I'm always learning and loving the people. It has been amazing how much I have already learned. I'm extremely happy to be on my mission!

 My daily schedule goes like this: we get up at about 6:30 and I pray and then exercise, and we usually go for a run and then lift weights. Then we take showers with a bucket and get dressed, study, and plan. Usually, we cook breakfast around 8. Then we go out around 10:00 to proselyte swing home around 12:30 or 1 for dinner and to relax for a minute and then go back to town and teach until 8 and then come home and eat dinner and relax. That's about it. My mission is obedient.  I'm obedient and I work hard. I am strong willed though, and I don't want to break any of the rules.
It has a roller coaster week for sure. Lots of ups and downs. We found out something super funny this week. We have this investigator named Karyn. She's super nice, but when we teach her, she's really hit or miss. Like she could be two separate people. Sometimes she is all there and asks really good questions and other times she's just flat. The other day we went to teach, and it turns out, she has a freaking twin sister! Sometimes we had been teaching the twin and she was just not interested, and then other times we were teaching Karyn. 

So we gotta start over with the lessons. We did not get to do any baptisms this week even though we had them all lined up. Saturday night someone broke into the church and stole all our water, so they're going to have to wait another week.

Hey mom, I tried sugar cane. It's just eh..not that great. It is a weird texture for sure. It kinda tastes like kool-aide. Here is a picture of some sweet new shoes I picked up in the market. I bet dad would love a pair! LOL They are super comfy. I can only wear them sometimes though. Of the shoes I brought- the Steve Maddens are the BEST! I love them. The other ones were not good walking shoes, and I gave them to one of the guys in the ward who really needed a pair of shoes. I won't need another pair. When I do, I'll just buy some here.
 I got your package and I loved it!  I love the notes that you put in them, I hang on to them and have a folder for them. Sure, Love you guys! Send more handwritten letters and PICTURES! Love, Elder Payne


No comments:

Post a Comment