Monday, February 12, 2018

Week 5-Lugazi, Jinja / Millecam

This week was busy! I gave a talk in sacrament meeting on the atonement. I also taught gospel doctrine and then had to teach combined third hour about families, specifically about moms. I was fighting tears the whole entire time because I was thinking about you guys. I miss Sundays with our family so much. We taught a lot of lessons this week and walked a TON. We walk so much; I'm dying to know how far we actually travel. There were some very spiritual experiences this week. We have a lot of super good investigators and we have a bunch of baptisms this next Sunday. We got no joke, 10 new investigators yesterday. We taught a huge crowd of people and they all loved what we had to say. On Wednesday I got attacked by a drunk guy. It was funny, not scary and I promise I didn't hit him. We also had an investigator who asked us to sing a hymn for him at the beginning of the lesson. It was so bad! But we did it anyways and laughed about it. The investigators here can be tough. They all want to be baptized and if we wanted, we could baptize someone every Sunday.  We just have a hard time getting them to church. They are not super committed. We try to get investigators who will be lifetime converts and that is tougher. We also have a hard time finding a place where we can teach them during the day since everyone works. We have to teach in bars, markets, their work and around loud areas a lot so it's hard for the spirit to be there. I included a picture of our church bld, roof gatherings and font. We hold our Branch gatherings on the roof of the shopping complex, on the backside of the Chapel. We baptize right behind the chapel in a small font (white container in the corner). 


I'm eating super healthy, and I've been able to work out every day and that's making me happy. I miss and appreciate all the little things that I had at home that I don't have now. If you guys would write me snail mail and stuff, I would love it. You send it to the mission home and then they bring it out to me. I can't print any emails or pictures from here. Which means I have nothing to read to get me through the week. I'm dying to hear from you more than once a week. You can never send me enough packages or pictures. I need every bit of home that I can get our here. Tell Gwen I got her letter for me please and that I loved it! So, the picture of me with the toothpick is at a nice restaurant in Lugazi. I got pork because it was the only thing that looked cooked. It was pretty good. This bunny picture is for Natalie, I know they are not show quality. The one picture below is of a circumcision parade. I got a fine for trying to take a picture of it lol. I cook on a gas stove, but the power goes out all the time, so I use matches to light it usually. We have a water barrel on our roof that is filled once a month. We have to ration and subsidize by hauling when needed. One time, before I got here, the water delivery didn’t show up. They ran out and it is a 20-minute walk one way, with 5-gallon Jerry cans. They were able to hire a local with a bike, and a basket, to help them haul water until the truck delivered again. The water is super clean though so that is good. 

I love my companion. He's so fun, and the other missionaries that live with me are cool too. There is four of us. Three of us are from Utah and we talk about Lake Powell and home all the time and I love it. It is nice to be able to relate. Elder Thornley is from Saratoga Springs, my comp is Elder Millecam, from Vernal and then Elder Hyer from Washington. I got my hair cut last night, and It actually looks super good. I will need you to send me clippers eventually. I won a free hand wash of all my clothes from beating one of our guards in a card game! We must hand wash our clothes or pay the guards to do it. Also, I might need some short sleeve shirts soon. Some of mine got stolen while they were hang drying in the yard and I'm down to five, I think.  Hope my prayers have been getting through and helping you. Love, your son, Dylan






 






No comments:

Post a Comment