Monday, February 19, 2018

Week 6, Lugazi / Elder Millecam


This week's email was the best yet! I loved it and wished I could print it off. Corbin's valentines party looks so fun! He looks happy. I've been praying for our family to be happy. It is so neat to hear about the guys at school receiving their mission calls! I want to stay in touch with nick!! Get his email for me.
This week we have had no power and no water. We had to kind of rough it extra hard, but it was fun. We might get water this week, but we don't know for sure. The electricity went out right when my comp was cutting his hair! I fixed him up good though. I am pretty good at cutting hair! But I need some tips for my own.
We had a super powerful Sunday. The church is a 30-minute walk from our house. The investigators we brought to church are Amazing. They answer each other’s questions and have asked how soon they can be baptized. We also had an investigator who saw an angel this week. Mom, I'm not joking. This lady we have been teaching was praying to find out if the message we were sharing was true, and she saw a being dressed all in white, whiter than our shirts she said. He appeared in her room; she was so scared. He told her not to fear, and that the message the missionaries shared is true. I've got the chills writing this. The spirit was ridiculous. I felt it so strong. She is going to be baptized on Sunday! Hearing that kind of stuff is so powerful. Another cool thing that happened- we taught the word of wisdom to these two brothers. Derrick and Steven. We know that they are hard core drinkers.  We told them that they should not drink alcohol and told them that waning off it slowly would be easiest. They looked at each other and said that they were done. They went cold turkey right there, and it was super cool. We also had a dinner appointment with a lady named Malayka. She's super stubborn and loves to tease. We have a special relationship because she reminds me a lot of you.  I've thought about you mom-specifically this week. Malayka is such a good mom and some of the stuff she wears is stuff you would wear. I don't know exactly why she reminds me of you. But she's my favorite investigator -because she reminds me of you. I told her that and now we're super tight. I will attach some pics! She renamed her son after me. His name is now Britton PAYNE...something...something...something. There was also a wedding on Saturday. The wedding had some super strange customs. Since there's not a temple close by, they just got legally married at the church, and then we had a reception. We ate with our fingers
So, our guard sucks actually. He may have been the shirt thief. He is really more of a buddy that plays cards with us. Our yard is all fenced in and the guard has a little hut in the backyard. I feed him my egg yolks and he loves them. I also saw monkeys and a hippo this week but couldn't get a picture.





The fruit here is good. I love the mangos and the bananas. They're super yummy. Most of the food is just super bland. I haven't had any local food because it is SO unhealthy. I eat street meat once in a while though. They have beef and chicken and pork and that's about it. I pound the water and haven’t gotten sick yet. I get bottled water every day. Actually, that's what I spend most of my money on. I also really like the sweet potatoes. Matoke is okay. No bugs at all so far! I've been bit like once, and it itched hecka bad. I used Sister Drapers oil stuff and it was like magic... I sleep under a mosquito net. The hardest thing to adjust to is the warm nights. We are lucky if its cooler than like 80 degrees at night. I wish that my brothers could be on their missions at the same time as me and that we could all be companions together. Or I wish Dad was my companion. That would be the coolest thing ever. I wish I would have hugged you more and told you I loved you more mom. You were so underappreciated. I can't wait to see you all.  Love, Elder Payne

  


No comments:

Post a Comment