Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Week 8 in Lugazi with Elder Millecam



 
 
       

We had a good week here. It rained a ton on us. It is crazy, the rain here in Africa is HUGE. It hurts really bad actually. It's the start of the rainy season here and at night I get cold sometimes. Like I shut my window. I took a nasty fall on Tuesday in the rain and mud, I got some sweet road rash, and I was super bruised up. It was a little bit funny/embarrassing. We had a baptism on Sunday, a man named Moses that we have been teaching for like a month now. He's a stud. He has a super powerful testimony, and it was super awesome to baptize him. He is 25. Our teaching pool is HUGE. We are teaching about 40 people right now. And that number is always growing. It's crazy to see how fast some people progress in the gospel. We have a husband and a wife, their names are Faith and Jared, who are going to get baptized together on the 18th. They're both ready now, and they both have super strong testimony. Faith is just scared to death of the water. Which is funny though, because originally, we were just teaching Faith and then when she was ready to be baptized her husband forbade her. Then we started teaching him too, but he speaks no English, so Faith must translate everything into Lugandan. It's been cool to see them learn and grow and teach each other. They bare their testimonies to each other almost every lesson and that's my favorite part. It will be awesome to baptize them. We went and saw the source of the Nile today, but the jungle spiders ruined the experience for me. Ya no pictures of the spiders. I was so scared. They were as big as my hand! They're HUGE. The Nile was really cool though. If you want an accurate idea of what it looks like and what the area, I'm in looks like go watch Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull or whatever. That river is identical to the Nile, and the ants and ant hills are similar as well. They just don't eat people here... I don't think... 








And that is a fishing pole they use for tiger fish. I thought Dad and the boys might think that was cool. NOOOOOOO I don’t eat any of the fish here. I don’t eat any of the meat here. Not in Lugazi. It's so unclean and they butcher it and just leave it out. It's not good meat. The fish stinks so bad. It is just carp mostly. I'll take a picture of the market for you. They do have like 120 lb. carp though. They are bigger than me. Transfers are on this next Tuesday technically. My whole district will stay the same I think so no big changes. I miss video games- but not playing them, I miss hanging out with Baylor and Corbin while we played. I love those two. Mom, I cannot even put into words how much I miss you. And the rest of the family too. You guys are my whole world. I love you. I hope that you guys really know how much I love you all. Like when I get home I wanna spend my time with family because you are all so important to me. Love, Elder Payne







No comments:

Post a Comment