Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Week 10 in Lugazi with Elder Millecam




 

The number of tender mercies that we have seen here, especially in this last week, has been amazing. Everywhere that we look we see small miracles. We had one man who was really struggling to accept the gospel. When we showed him the Book of Mormon, he told us that his father had one growing up, and since his father was a man of God, what we are sharing must be true. How his father got a Book of Mormon, we have no idea! Super neat though. He's scheduled to be baptized in two weeks. We've also been teaching a few separate groups of Muslims, all around the age of 17. The only thing that was keeping them from baptism were their parents. After much prayer and fasting, all their parents softened their hearts and are allowing them to be baptized. It was a miracle. We've also been looking for opportunities to use our priesthood to bless our investigators. We blessed a baby who was super sick on Tuesday and on Wednesday she was healed. All kinds of great things going on here. The work is exploding, truly love being here.
It rained a ton. We were out of water and power all week and we used rainwater for showering. Kind of an adventure, I guess. I am almost done reading Jesus The Christ. I think you've read that. I'd love to hear what you think about it and stuff. We did a service project on Saturday and cleaned up garbage around town. That was a good day, we were all so tired after though. We also finally got water to do baptisms this week, so we were able to get a couple people baptized. Sam and Fahima. Fahima is a Muslim and had to deal with a bit of local persecution over being baptized, but it only made her want to be baptized more. Her parents were okay with it and she had permission so hopefully all goes well. We did get some threatening texts over it but nothing serious. It was a cool experience. She was afraid of water though and I had to baptize her 3 times because she kept reaching out of the water to pull herself up. It was probably traumatizing for her.
 

We have so many investigators who are ready to be baptized they just need to show up now. Because of where our area is we have investigators who just take off back to their local villages and then we don't see them forever and that's what we're dealing with right now. They will come back eventually.  I decided to start eating the beef here... The other missionaries all thought it would make me sick, but I only buy on days when they fresh cut and I have been totally fine. I had beef liver for lunch today and it wasn't too bad.  I am having a really hard time maintaining weight, hopefully the beef helps.   I gave myself a haircut this week and a bald spot to go with it! I want you to send me another list of your favorite scriptures, so far Luke 1:37 is still my favorite but I loved the ones you sent me.  I sure miss you Mom. I'm so excited for Mother’s Day and to finally be able to talk with you and the family. Love Elder Payne


No comments:

Post a Comment