Monday, March 12, 2018

Week 9 in Lugazi with Elder Millecam


Basically, this week was hard. I got sick on Tuesday night and didn't get better until Saturday. I was super sick. Like could not get out of bed. Not fun. The time went so slow because we couldn’t be out teaching.  I'm doing okay now. I have no idea what got me sick, since I cook all my own food. It was miserable though.  I also got to give a talk on Sunday, that was tough to prepare even though I had the whole entire week. We are also out of water at the church, so no baptisms this week. Had to push them all back. We have a ton planned for next Sunday though.
Something funny that happened today, I got robbed when I was in a taxi by a guy that I was trying to buy water from. I chased him down and got it back- so that was sweet. People here take whatever they think that they can get away with. The crazy part is not just the thievery but actually the way they charge us more for EVERYTHING. It drives me nuts because I know how much stuff costs but now, I can haggle my way to a fair price. Sorry I don't have many pics this week. Only from Sunday because we didn't really get out. Oh well. Hopefully this week is better.
We can’t really plan that far ahead because people are so unorganized and unreliable as far as appointments. We usually plan the day of or just show up and things always work out. This week we'll focus on teaching Faith and Jared, a boy named Daniel, a girl named Fahima, a girl named Cheri and a man named Sam. Maybe an old man named Wamota too. We will just have to see. I don't know their whole names. They are impossible to say. They have like a simple name and a crazy one. One problem we have is our house is forever away from anyone we teach. We only have a few investigators by our house who we teach in the morning and then we go to town for the day. 
Family night looks like a blast! Wish I was there for that! Dad is the master of parables. I sure miss Corb. I wish I could have taken him to the pow wow. Hey, I also need a list of birthdays for the family so I can send home these cool birthday cards! I know our families MOM. I just don’t have grandparent’s birthdays. I sure love you guys-Love Elder Payne


1 comment:

  1. Hello sweetheart. I love this blog your mom is doing to keep us all posted on your whereabouts. When I was in Africa, I was so grateful for email and keeping in touch with everyone. Technology is a sweet blessing. Sorry to hear of your thievery experience but sounds like you showed him he can’t get away with doing that.
    I love you very much. My birthday just passed. March 10 and grandpa Steve Kerr is somewhere around the 15 of March. I’ll celebrate my birthday for awhile yet. I turned 72 although it sounds old I’m only about 45. Just a few years older than your mom. I’m to healthy to be old yet so don’t worry I’ll be around a long time

    ReplyDelete