Monday, May 20, 2019

Week 71 Masaka, Uganda with Elder Ahome’e

Before I got to my new area, I got rid of a lot of stuff. It was the coolest thing ever to be able to give all this stuff away and see how happy simple stuff makes people here. Like there's a kid about to leave on his mission and I gave him a suitcase and he said he was just going to take three backpacks because he couldn't get one, so he was so stoked. And then I gave my guard a bunch of clothes and he was so happy I think he was going to cry.
I'm adjusting pretty well. I like my companion a lot and the other missionaries I'm around are so fun. They are named Elder Malaba from Congo and Elder Kabayadondo from Zimbabwe. They're both so hilarious and good runners so I always have someone to run with. They live next door to us and they're in my district. I'm having a great time. My comp really likes to work hard but he's also a big fan of playing hard, so it's been a perfect balance. But we had a CRAZY end to our week, we had an investigator pass out at church yesterday!  In the second hour we had an investigator who had a super bad asthma attack and lost consciousness. Me and Elder Malaba ran to her house in the rain to try and find her inhaler after we gave her a blessing, but she didn't have one there, so we came back and got a truck there to take her to the hospital. We called sister Collings and she thought I was going to have to do rescue breathing- so glad she was ok. We are teaching this young woman named Pauline. She is 17 and the most spiritually prepared investigator I’ve ever taught.  After each lesson she finishes all the things we have asked her to do. She comes to church each week and writes a list of questions to ask us at the next lesson. She even called us to schedule her next lesson. She would like to get baptized but she must ask her mother, who lives in her ancestral village for permission. She is very afraid that her mother will not allow baptism. Please pray for her mother’s heart to be softened. Love you guys lots!



No comments:

Post a Comment