Monday, May 13, 2019

Week 70 - Masaka, Uganda with Elder Ahome'e




I know you're not up right now but since my companion is from Tonga, he has to email in the middle of the day so he can talk to his family Let me tell you a little about my week. On Thursday we got picked up and taken to our new areas. I'm in an area called Kijjabweni which is in Masaka. It's a super awesome area, it reminds me a lot of Lugazi except our apartment is SO nice. We have a great shower, and it's small and clean. I'm really happy here, and we're teaching a lot of great people. My companion is Elder Ahome'e from Tonga. He is a lot of fun. Thursday night we came into town and got a little bit of food and then we came back, and I unpacked. Friday, we had some appointments and we met with members. Saturday, we went out and taught all day, and it was good to get back into it. Being around new missionaries is a little bit reviving. We had Book of Mormon class that night too and that's my favorite. 
One thing about Masaka is it's a little bit chilly sometimes and I love it. It rains almost every day and that makes the weather pleasant. Sunday was good, I got to share my testimony at church. Then after lunch we went out and contacted a ton of people. The next few weeks we will be super busy with teaching. Every night this week we've been playing cover your assets with the other elders. I have lots of funny pictures, but I can't send them from the internet cafe. Some of them include my companion eating a pig’s head, him killing bugs with a homemade flame thrower, and then me and a toy lightsaber I found. I'll figure out some way to send them to you soon. I finished the Pearl of Great Price this week, and I'm going to start it again. I'm reading Mosiah in the Book of Mormon, but I forgot my scriptures, so I don't have a good spiritual thought to share from my studies but in our Book of Mormon class we read 1 Nephi chapter 6. Two things I really liked were 1 when Nephi was tied up by his brothers and left for dead, he asked God for strength to break the bands, he didn't just ask for the bands to go away. It made me think about how when we go through trials, we should ask for strength to be able to handle them, instead of just asking for our circumstances to be changed. the second thing was at the end of the chapter Nephi and his family get together and they offer sacrifices and they're thankful. I was thinking about how even in hard times we can find things to be thankful for and be happy because of our family and loved ones. That was good for me because adjusting to something new is not something I like


No comments:

Post a Comment