Thursday, October 4, 2018

Week 38-Bardege, Gulu with Ankrah


  I Definitely won't get to watch General Conference live. It will probably be a week late, but I'm going to try and get us missionaries a copy of it on a disc so that we can watch it at the church. I still wish I was going to get to watch it with you guys. I think conference makes me miss you as much as any holiday! you did good when it came to conference traditions, I'll forever have fond memories of conference. I want to see pictures of Baylor at homecoming!! Did he have fun at the dance? I'm glad that he went. How's he doing? And how is Corbin doing? Baylor took the boat out all by himself? That is so fun, what a stud.
We found 14 new people to teach this week, so we felt extremely busy. I’d say 14 is a lot to find, Gulu is a little bit tough. If you don't work, nothing will happen haha. Tuesday, I had exchanges with Elder Godfrey and was sick most of the day. I was throwing up in the morning but by evening I was fine. Exchanges were fun, I like Godfrey a lot, he's a great guy. I end up listening on exchanges and learning. We went out and taught this guy named Mouritz, who is a super neat. They baptized him on Saturday! Wednesday was a slow day, I was recovering a little bit, but we met this man named Charles and had a really great lesson with him. He's ex-military and probably in his late 60's. It's often hard to teach people here that are older because they're usually not interested in change at all. But he responded well to the lesson. The only problem was he can barely walk. So, I didn't think that he'd ever be able to make it to church because it's a bit of a walk from his house. I was pleasantly surprised on Sunday when he showed up. The rest of the week was lots of missionary work. We had to stop teaching this girl named Irene who was progressing really well because her father didn't like us. Sad. Sunday was great though, Oyuk made my day. He beat us to church. He'll get baptized for sure this week. He's an amazing person, always so happy and humble. He's also already got a strong testimony of the church and Jesus Christ. He'd give up anything to be baptized. I heard that new church history book is so good! I watched the face to face where Elder Cook introduced it. I’m trying hard to learn to budget well and only use my allotment. It's tough sometimes but I want to get the hang of it. I’m still trying to find new options and figure out the area a little bit. I found a great place to get fish this past week and it's affordable so I'm going to eat a lot more of that. Sure love you guys! Hugs to you all- Elder Payne


No comments:

Post a Comment