Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Week 41- In Bardege, Gulu with Elder Ankrah


 My week went by fast. Tuesday was a normal day, and we actually had a really good day that day. We found 6 new investigators that day which is good because it ended up being our only full day in our area. We started teaching this members Grandma, we call her Jaja, and she's the coolest lady ever. I love going over and seeing her, she always makes us laugh super hard and treats us good. She loves fishing too! Her and grandma would get along really nice. She's one of my favorite people I've met here without a doubt. Wednesday, we got a call in the morning from the AP's, they wanted us to drive down that day, so we could go on exchanges Thursday before MLC. So, we did, we drove all day Wednesday and then ran some errands in Kampala in the evening. The next day we spent all day working with the AP's and had a lot of fun. I don't mind working with them, they're good guys but it makes it kind of hard to get work done in our own area. I don't like where they proselyte, it's in the slums, and I don't like the slums-they are sad.  I worked with Elder Gwatdizo, it was my first time working with him and I love the guy. We both really like business, and finance, and the stock market and stuff like that. We also worked with Sister Jannett, and she just returned from serving a mission in England -She's in the second picture. That day we got to go see Mama BuFatty, the lady who smacked Elder Gilbert for laughing during the prayer the last time I went on exchanges with him. That's me and her in the first picture. She fed us sweet potatoes and ground nut sauce, which is one of my favorite dishes here. Friday was MLC, and we talked a lot about following the example set by Jesus Christ which I liked. I had the impression I needed to read Jesus the Christ again and study his life more. We tried to drive home that night, but we couldn't because traffic was so bad. I've never seen anything like that in my life. It took us over three hours to make it 6 miles. We had to come back to Kampala that night and stay again. We left the next morning, Saturday, and drove all day and then went and saw members that night. The next day we finally got to watch conference and there was a lot that I loved about it. I think the Sunday session was one of my favorite sessions of all time. I again had the impression I needed to study the life of Jesus Christ more as the brethren talked and encouraged us to follow His example and become more Christ-Like. I had a lot of favorites. I loved the talk by the guy from the 70 about the attributes of Heavenly Father. And President Eyrings talk as well. When he talked about is wife it hit me hard. I love when the brethren talk about their wives. I also loved Hollands talk. The prophets talk was good, I loved how bold it was. It was a good correction and kind of funny. After it happened I realized that it made sense and wondered what took so long. I have realized that sometimes the Lord waits until we ask to send revelation. We need to do everything we can, then ask, and we'll get our answers. Kind of like Joseph Smith and the word of wisdom. I loved how much focus there was on Jesus Christ. I came out of conference wanting to follow his example and become more like him. That's what I loved so much about it!  Corbin! Hey buddy, I miss you a ton. I can't believe your birthday is so close. I'll celebrate for you here. I have been thinking about you a lot since your birthday is coming, and I hope you know how proud I am of you and how much I love you. I wish more than anything you were here with me. Dude, I would love to play card games with you right now, that sounds so fun. Remember WarJack? hahaha. I'm happy that you're enjoying school. keep up the good work. I'm super excited for you to get the priesthood Corb. You're a man now. I love you buddy, I can't wait to see you. 






No comments:

Post a Comment