Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Week 39- Bardege Gulu with Ankrah

Sorry my email is so late, it's been a really long day. We had to drive down for transfers this morning since Elder Mclain is leaving. It was hard to see him go. I've become good friends with him. We had some great spiritual experiences this week. We had an awesome lesson about the word of wisdom. After the lesson Oyuk told us that some of his coworkers were talking bad about the church and said that he should fear us. He told them," if you fear them then you should fear me too, because now I am with them." I love how proud and happy he is to be a part of the church. He was baptized on Sunday. He's the oldest person I’ve seen baptized here, he's 66 years old. I watched part of the morning session of conference and got to hear the big announcement (which I love btw) and then went home because I wasn't doing good. Sunday, I went to sacrament and then went home, still sick... Everyone gets sick from time to time but I do seem to get sick a lot. Some missionaries just have health problems the whole time they're here, it's not uncommon. Today I drove ALL day, so it hasn't been a very relaxing p- day. We'll be in Kampala all week long for transfers. Mclain is the only one leaving our district and Elder Weight will be coming to be Godfrey's new companion. So, me and Ankrah are still comps. I'm so glad for that too. I really like him, and I'll miss him like crazy when we get transferred.
I love the changes announced in conference! I’m excited-next week we'll watch it all at the chapel.  I hope that the boys understand them and apply them. I'm excited, I know it will help me when I come home too. I think my Sundays will be really different. I hope you guys had fun celebrating Dads birthday. Happy birthday dad, I sent you a handwritten letter.
Charles is ready for baptism we just need to figure out his marriage situation with him this week. Sorry, no pictures this week.  We're staying in a place called Insombia. I've never been here before. I love you all so much! Thanks for being so supportive 


No comments:

Post a Comment