Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Week 37- Bardege, Gulu with Elder Ankrah


Your week has been super fun, I can tell. You'll have to tell me more details, but I love all the pictures. I wish I could've been with you guys. My week was not nearly as exciting as yours was. I spent most of my week in Kampala. We drove down on Tuesday and didn't get back until Friday evening. We stayed with some other missionaries this time in a place in Kampala called Entinda. We had a lot to do, errands, getting stuff for the zone, more working fund, then exchanges and interviews. Part of the reason we stayed so long was because we were there for two full days to do things, but then we had to stay two other nights because of travel. We had interviews with President Collings, and then Elder Ankrah and I went on exchanges with the assistants to the president. It was good but going down always makes me realize how much I like Gulu. While we were down there we mostly proselyted in the slums of Kampala. I don't love their area but the people there are really great. There were two lessons that we had that I really enjoyed, one was super spiritual and the other was just funny. One was with a sister named Irene and we taught her the plan of salvation. Because we must teach so simply it makes some of the most beautiful points of the gospel crystal clear. Talking about how we're all literally children of our Heavenly Father, and about how badly he wants us to return to live with him really made feeling the spirit easy. I really enjoyed the lesson. The other lesson was with a sister named "Mama Buffatti" and it's said just like it sounds... it's also very fitting… or not so fitting... sorry those are some thick puns. She was just super funny, and she kept making us laugh. The elder I was with couldn't stop laughing while we were trying to pray so she hit him so hard and it just made it that much funnier. She's a wild lady. Btw while we were there I met a returned sister missionary who served with Elder Draper in England. Small world. Then we came home, and overnight Gulu got SO hot.  Saturday, we WALKED. We went out and saw this guy named Oyuk, and he lives a good 45-minute walk from our apartment. We felt like zombies all day. People think we're crazy because we walk during that time of the day. It was worth it though because he came to church Sunday and I know without a doubt he'll be baptized in the next 2 weeks. We had a baptism for John on Saturday as well and then he was confirmed Sunday. He'll be a powerful member here. I'm really happy for him. And that’s the week. Physically I'm good, really tired though. Sometimes I feel like I could sleep all day and then still sleep through the night hahaha. I forgot my camera at home today! I'm so sorry. I don't mind being a zone leader, I like that it makes me feel obligated to set an example and work hard. At the same time, it'll be really nice to be a regular missionary again sometime. These days I'm driving slow though. Like a grandpa... My driving really isn't crazy, I'm super safe. I promise. Driving here in general is just scary!! I can't wait to see all the little cousins again- Tell everyone I love them-Elder Payne


No comments:

Post a Comment