Thursday, September 6, 2018

Week 33 Bardege, Gulu with Elder Ankrah



I'm so proud of Corbin that sounds like such a cool award, a title of liberty necklace! Baylor needs to do something fun for his birthday! Tell him to do a barbecue, that would be a blast. Dad works so hard. I've learned so much from him about sacrificing and serving in the church. I'm really doing good, but my hip bone is always sore. I think I just need to stretch it better.
 Last Monday night was bad. We walked to this lady’s house, who got baptized a little while ago, and she just talked for the whole entire night about random stuff.  And then at the end of the lesson she tried to feed us, and she wanted to feed us this stuff called posho and odii. It's disgusting. I don't even know how to explain it. It is like this lukewarm, white, mashed potatoes looking stuff. But it's a little bit harder. It has no taste at all, and then odii is like peanut butter… with anchovies in it... And then we walked home in a storm and got soaked hahaha. Tuesday, we got bounced a lot and by the end of the night we'd walked around our entire area. We went to bed at like 8:00. Wednesday, we had this super funny lesson. We were talking about how God loves all of us, and we about how he's blessed us with talents and stuff and the woman we were teaching was like "oh ya I have tons of talents and gifts from God" and I just looked at her and said "ya, like humility huh?" and my comp laughed so hard he fell on the floor. Thursday, we went to Lira to pick up our truck. Sheesh that was a long day. We had to take a 4-hour taxi ride that was really more like 5 hours because the taxi was super slow, and I hate taxi's here so much. It's like a van right, but then they cram like 5 people onto a 3-person row. Anyways, I fell asleep with my arm out the window and now I have one arm that's super sun burnt and the other is pale... But I got the truck back so that's really nice. This week we did a ton of service and on Friday we went and carried jerry cans to a well and got water for this super old lady in the branch. We also dug a huge trench for this neyabo so that she could get running water to her hut. The best day of the week was easily Saturday...  I got your package! I loved it so much, you have no idea. You take such good care of me. I'm so spoiled. I love the tuna fish, I had the best lunch ever today. Also, the books, I read Mormon Doctrine until 3 in the morning last night. I'm learning so much! That book is crazyyyyy good! I was reading my patriarchal blessing and it talks about how I'll find treasures of wisdom and knowledge on my mission. I have without a doubt. My most spiritual part of the week was Sacrament on Sunday of course. I've heard the riots have calmed a bit in Kampala, I drive down Wednesday, so we'll find out. The riots aren't in Gulu, so I'm all okay. I love you guys so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment