Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Week 32 Bardege, Gulu with Elder Ankrah




 
Hey, I'm doing better, slowly and steadily. My week was super busy too… Sister Collings doesn't know what to do for me with this virus, so I guess I just gotta tough it out. But anyways, Tuesday we were just super busy trying to see people and we met this new lady who's amazing named Belinda. She's in her early 30's and I had the most spiritual experience of my mission teaching her. Then it was just the same old on Wednesday and Thursday, except I went on exchanges with another missionary on Thursday, Elder Newman and we had a great time working together. Anyways there was a lot of stuff that happened at the end of the week. On Friday we had to go to Lira again, to do more interviews for baptisms. We got into a car accident, it was bad enough that the truck couldn't be driven. The wheel of the axel broke, so it's still in Lira getting worked on. but the problem is we were stuck in Lira. We had to take like a 5-hour taxi back to Gulu and It was such a long day. And since we're out in the middle of the desert they don't have the parts to fix my truck, so I don’t know when I'm gonna get it back. We got back super late that night and then we had Zone Conference on Saturday along with some baptisms and it was just crazy trying to get it all ready since I'm in charge of all of it. But the baptisms and zone conference went fine, I had to give a training on unity and was supposed to talk about how being united as missionaries helps us to get ready to be married. It was good because there's been some drama in the companionships in the zone. Baptisms also went well, this guy Dennis we've been teaching for a while got dunked. We went to Chobe; the game park and it was a blast. We saw all kinds of animals, but I can't send pics because of the Wi-Fi, I already tried. If we ever decide to come back and visit this place that's where we'd stay is on Chobe. Anyways it was a crazy week, I'm glad that it's over haha. Sure love you a lot. Elder Payne 


No comments:

Post a Comment