Thursday, April 12, 2018

Week 13 in Lugazi with Elder Millecam


I want you to know that I can absolutely feel your love and I know you're cheering me on at home! I love hearing about the family and what you guys have been up to. I'm doing good, it was a good week. I did watch conference and I really enjoyed it! We watched the Saturday sessions back-to-back on Saturday and the Sunday sessions back to back on Sunday. Two 4-hour sessions. It wasn't like being at home, but I did feel the spirit super strong. Honestly, Saturday session was my favorite session. The solemn assembly where we got to sustain President Nielson was amazing. I couldn't believe how strong the spirit was. There were only five of us in the chapel for the Saturday session and there were no branch leaders, but we all got up and sustained him and it was so neat. I knew that without a doubt I was standing as a witness before God that I know that he really is our prophet and I felt so happy. It was awesome! If the boys didn't watch the Saturday session they ought to, and they ought to participate in the solemn assembly. It was incredible. My favorite talk though was Uchtdorf’s. I don't know what its title is yet but I'm gonna guess it's titled Behold the Man. I finished reading Jesus The Christ this week right before conference and then listening to that talk and totally understanding in detail what he was talking about was super spiritual for me. I loved it. I don't get to watch priesthood, so the boy’s ought to tell me what was good. I miss going to priesthood and shakes with them so bad. I was super grateful for you guys all though conference and for the knowledge that I get to spend eternity with you. So, they talked about pure love and ministering a lot right? Mom, you're such a good example of pure love. I can feel it all the time. I can tell how much you love to serve and care about other people without judgement. Also, Ava was a good example of ministering. She still does minister our family to this day and that's pretty dang cool. It's changed our whole families lives in a way. This week we got a chance to do some service too. On Tuesday we went and farmed for Moses, one of our RC's. It was interesting, it was out in the middle of the jungle. We helped him plant Kasava, it’s a little like a potato.  We also saw a sugar cane field catch on fire and that was wild. We got stranded out at a gas station and couldn't get picked up by a taxi.  We ended up walking like 7 miles or something. That paved road is Kampala Highway, it’s only paved in certain areas and is the biggest highway in the country. The weather here is just like the food, really bland. It's on and off rain and on and off sunshine. I miss the seasons. Utah really is the best place in the world. I'll know next week if I'm staying here in Lugazi or if I'm leaving. I'm doing good on supplies and food and finally put some weight back on. I'm eating fish and beef and eggs every day. I found a place where they sell fresh Tilapia. Just raw fish steaks and I have been eating them all week. They're super yummy and I make this tomato sauce stuff that I put on it. That's what is in the picture is I sent you. Usually, the skin is still on the fish, so I have to prepare it hardcore. And then I just grill it on a pan, the same way I cook everything. I really enjoy it and it's good to be able to mix it up and eat more than just eggs and beef. That's my diet and then mixing veggies in there too. I can't eat the super oily food here It makes me throw it up. I did eat a rolex today and it was super yummy! No other missionary eats the things that I eat. They like Rolex and fries.  That's literally all that my comp eats.

Man, Dad- you are such a stud. After reading the katana story I think you will laugh your head off when you get my next few letters in the mail. You'll understand after you read them. I'm beyond grateful that you've been willing to be so patient with me and "mentally forge" who I am. I'll do my best to do my part as well.. I love you a ton. I want you to know that my studies are really focused on Christ right now. I've learned sooo much on my mission. I know missions are really for the missionary and then the people who benefit from me being out here is a bonus in a way. Jesus the Christ has really changed my perspective and opened my eyes to a lot. I recommend that read to anyone and everyone. I really love you guys a ton and I can't wait to come home and hug you. I'm so excited to talk to you in ONE month on Mother's Day! I never want the homesickness to go away though, it just means that I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment