Monday, April 2, 2018

Week 12 in Lugazi with Elder Millecam


We didn't watch or listen to conference; we will actually watch it this next Sunday due to tape delay. They send us a DVD to watch at our chapel. I definitely missed being at home and watching it with you guys. It didn't seem like Easter. None of the holidays are the same without my family and the people that I love around me. It was cool to be reading Jesus the Christ at this time of year though. It made Easter more meaningful. We brought 10 new investigators to church on Sunday. I was really surprised overall attendance on Easter was low. Our investigators made up a fifth of the congregation. Also, we had a tender mercy in disguise as a disaster. I lost my wallet on Saturday and thought I’d never see it again. I wasn’t devastated, just annoyed at the inconvenience that it caused me and could cause the mission office. About 4 hours later we got a call from one of our investigators who told us that a young man had found the wallet and was waiting for us in the chapel. The man’s name was Arnold, and we took the opportunity to teach him. He was super attentive and came to church the next day. Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways to connect people to His message. Tell the Larsen’s that I got their letter and I loved it. They had some really nice things to say about you and Dad. All true too of course.

I think that this was a good mission for me. Ya, it's definitely a good mission for me. I can be myself, work hard, teach a lot and have fun doing it. However, Africans don't get sarcasm mom, It's so funny.

Dad, Man-I miss you. Thank you for setting such a good example for me. I’m grateful for all the lessons you’ve taught me while growing up. Especially the ones about working hard and pushing through hard things. I really think that if you hadn’t taught me to do hard things, I wouldn’t be able to do this. Leaving my family is easily the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Another great example you have set for me is how to treat women. You have always taught me how important women are. Dad, thank you for always supporting me and working so hard to take care of our family. I want you to know that I really love you!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment