Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Week 48-Bardege, with Elder Ankrah



This week I was out of my area the whole time. Tuesday was the only day in Gulu -we spent all day seeing the people we are getting ready to baptize this next Sunday. Then we left at 6pm to go to Lira for an exchange. We got caught in a storm that turns the roads to mud so we didn't get there until about 11, and then I got to sleep on a couch. Because it's a new area that just got opened, the house they are in right now is so bad. There are leaks in the roof and bugs everywhere! It was awful. The next day was sick though, one of the pros to opening a new area is that people are just lining up to be taught and get baptized. We taught a ton of lessons that day. I think this last Sunday they baptized 12 people. That night I slept on the couch again... next day we drove to Kampala to do an exchange with the assistants to the president. We got there around noon and then met up with them. But what ended up happening was they just dropped me and Ankrah off in their area and we worked there all day. It's called Kisugu and it smells like poop. I don't like it. That night we stayed with some other missionaries and I got to sleep on the couch. It was a comfy one though this time, but they lost the house key, so we didn't get into the apartment until late. The next day we went on a hike for mission leadership conference and it was pretty fun. The place we went to was out past my old area, Lugazi, so I got to see it again. MLC was so great I got to learn a lot from President Collings. Not just about missionary stuff but also about life and careers. Then we stayed in Kampala that night. The next day me and Ankrah went on like a 6-mile run with President Collings- that was super fun. We drove home that night (Saturday) and then just went straight to bed. Sunday was good, we had a lot of people come to church. Prossy, and then this other girl Patience are ready to get baptized this next week. While I was in Kampala I found out where I'll be going next transfer and who my new companion will be. But on Sunday I got a call and found out that I am going to another area in Kampala called Kabowa for the last 3 weeks of this transfer before I go to my new area. I will be in a trio. I guess the area is really hard and I’m going there to help. So, I had to pack everything up today and get ready to go. I'm a little sad, I had no idea it was my last Sunday here. But I'm sadder because Elder Ankrah has become like my best friend here and it sucks to leave him. But I'm going to make sure that he gets his Christmas presents out before I leave. I'm doing good though, excited for a change of area. More excited that I'm getting close to talking to you for Christmas. I think the two best times of the year to read the book Jesus The Christ are now and Easter. I'm so grateful for that book. And for Him of course. No news on Irene’s death or the outcome yet. The courts are so slow here. Love to you all-Elder Payne










No comments:

Post a Comment