Saturday, November 24, 2018

Week 45- Bardege, Gulu with Elder Ankrah

  Monday was just a normal P-day, after emailing it stormed super hard and we went home and played cards that night. Tuesday, we got bounced by every single one of our appointments, so we went finding for new people all day long and found 5 new people to teach which was great. One of them is named Debra, she's from Rwanda and her mom is a local church leader. She's sooo funny and is totally interested in the church despite her mom. Wednesday was 80% walking and 20% teaching. Then Thursday I don't remember, so nothing special probably happened. Friday was great though, we had lots of good appointments and then that night we got invited to this virtual reality expo thing by a member and it was so cool. No one buys that stuff though here, they can't afford it. If someone has a TV, they're rich. We got to play a couple games and then we got a new investigator named Addy out of it. She's really cool, totally atheist but is willing to let us have the discussions with her. She's incredibly smart so I'm really excited to teach her. Saturday, we got our transfer news, I'll be staying here with Elder Ankrah for one more transfer. No changes for me at all, but there's two new missionaries coming to our apartment since Godfrey and Weight are both leaving. Also, our zone got bigger, it's no longer the Gulu zone it's the Uganda North Zone which is way cooler. It's because a new area got opened. Now there are missionaries in Lira and Adyel both kinda town/cities. There will be 5 new missionaries coming up here and I'm really excited for that. The new Elders that will be living with us are Elder Winiata from New Zealand and Elder Kabemba from Congo. Both good guys! Sunday was awesome, we had a few people in church and we taught about the millennium and so many people had questions.   This next week I'm teaching about exaltation and I'm super excited. Also, I finished Saints this week, I loved it way more than I thought I would.

That's sister Susan we're teaching her, and we have been for a while, but she left to her village until January. The baby is not hers, she belongs to Mary her neighbor who we are also teaching. Both awesome ladies! Yes, I have a basket on my head, but it looked like the hat Raiden wears in Mortal Kombat. That pic is for my brothers. 
This is my comps birthday cake! 




No comments:

Post a Comment