Friday, November 16, 2018

Week 44- Bardege, Gulu with Elder Ankrah



 My week was so so so long now that I look back, it really feels like it's been two weeks. But that doesn't mean that it wasn't good. So, Monday was my comps birthday, right? We didn't do a whole lot but the next day we threw that surprise party for him and it went so well! He was so surprised, and he cried and told us no one had ever done something that thoughtful for him. It was cool and made him super happy. We had one of the missionaries who's good at baking make him this cake, it was so ugly. I'll send pics next week, because we haven't had power most of this week there's only one internet cafe open and they won't let us send pics. But the party was fun, we played card games and stuff and that made me really miss out whole family. I love doing that kind of stuff with you guys and it made me think about lake Powell. Wednesday and Thursday, we went finding and teaching. This week we taught a lot of different people, we're working with a lady named Mary and her friend Susan. Both have been to church and they're so much fun to go and visit. Really great people, and I can see their testimonies growing. We found 5 new people to teach this week which was great, but we still didn't have power and then we ran out of water too. That really sucked, it's hot here! Friday was zone conference and that was great, I gave a training on how to be more Christ-like, and then we talked a lot about revelation. The spirit was so strong. I also got my packages from you and Judy that day, and they were so awesome. You made my companion cry with that birthday gift, that was more money than anyone has ever given him before. You have no idea what that meant to him. This past week is one he'll never forget, he's never been treated like that before. There was so much stuff I loved in there, it was totally worth the wait. The book is so good. Tell Grandpa Kerr that I'm more than halfway through SAINTS already, and I love it. I never would've guessed that I would enjoy reading about church history, but I really love it. Tell Eli thank you so much for the gnarly. I'm going to have to take a cool picture with all the protein containers and my concrete weights for him. The water bottle filter was a miracle thing. Since we ran out of water, we had no way to get drinking water on Sunday. But since I had that bottle, I got some water from my neighbor we were able to drink. The weight necklace is so cool. I have it on my keys right now. I love the hammock you sent, and I've been sleeping outside since I got it because it's so hot and we don't have a fan since no power...  Saturday my comp was sick all day and then Sunday the power finally came back but still no water. Judy sends all this random stuff that me and the missionaries LOVE. Just like little toys and silly putty and stuff and it's so funny to see them all over the house.  I cut my hair today too btw. We haven't gotten our transfer news, but I'm pretty sure me and Elder Ankrah will get to stay together here one more, which we're both really excited about. I sure like that guy, he's been a great companion.
So, for Thanksgiving we're going to try and get a turkey. Me and my comp both want to do something fun for it, so that's our plan. I don't know how to cook a turkey though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment