Monday, March 18, 2019

Week 62- Entebbe, Uganda with Elder Budu



Mom and Dad-I love you guys so much! You are such unselfish parents. One thing I’ve realized on my mission is that my family makes me so happy! You guys are absolutely amazing. 
We got to visit Albert one more time before he leaves for Canada. He is planning on being baptized when he gets back in May. I love teaching him. He asks tough questions and wants to apply the teachings in his life. We taught him about chastity this week and he asks such sincere questions. Although he tried to bait me with a plural marriage/church history question. But I have a good understanding of that part of church history since I read Saints. I actually decided to read Saints again, I love the feeling I got from reading it. We spent a lot of time with members this week trying to find people to tech with no success. I did get 2 wonderful surprise phone calls this week, one was from Faith and Jared-they are a couple I taught and baptized in my first area. They called to tell me their daughter just turned 8 and is being baptized. Also got a call from a member in Mbale who took such good care of me there. He called me to tell me he and his wife are expecting-Super happy for them! They also have the cutest little 3-year-old whom I love.
So, this is a picture of a bed bug. My apartment is infested with them, so I move my mattress outside every day and cook my mattress in the sun. The bites are nasty and the itching never stops! 
One of the things that I had a hard time getting used to in the city is all the locked gates and walled off homes with gate guards. It makes it hard to get into to people’s homes. Here is a super nice hotel. Then across the street there is a half a star hotel if you can’t afford the 5 star LOL




 




No comments:

Post a Comment