Friday, March 15, 2019

Week 61-Entebbe, Uganda with Elder Budu


Let me just give you a quick rundown of the highlights of my week. We had exchanges and I spent a day with Elder Woodland. You bet I whooped him in pool.  That day we also had interviews and they went really great; President Collings is an awesome guy. We talked about when I'm at BYU and how we'll be able to meet up and stuff which will be neat.  He asked me to reflect on my mission and to think about all the growth and experiences that I’ve had and to see how I feel. At first, I thought back and there were only a few really big impactful moments and I felt kinda lame. But then I started to remember all these small moments that have become so common and even though they're small have been powerful. I thought about all the growth I've gone through and how happy and content I am. Ha-ha don't get me wrong, I know I still have a long way to go and lots of growth and learning, but I just want you to know that I really am doing good and I'm happy. It’s been so hard for me to be here, away from people that I love but I'm so glad I came. My testimony has been solidified for the rest of my life because of the experiences I've had while I've been here. I know that's going to influence my family that I raise too, it's totally changed my life. Dad-I'm so thankful that you have always pushed me to be the best I can be. Exchanges were good and then I taxied back to Entebbe. Lots of taxis this week. That one part of Uganda I really don't like, but if you ever came, I'd make you experience it just once. On Saturday we went to Kabowa so Budu could get a suit made for when he goes home and then just visited a few members there and then headed to Nsambya for the night where I slept on the balcony. While I was in Kabowa I slipped down a hill and got a huge cut on my behind but didn't even tear my pants. The next day was stake conference, of which there were two highlights that I want to share. First the opening prayer was no joke 5 or 6 minutes long. Maybe longer. It was AWFUL.  He was just saying random things trying to flex. Then second, a sister from Makinday shared such an awesome pure testimony that was so nice to hear. A lot of the people seemed like they were just talking to talk but her testimony was great. After socializing for a while, we taxied back to Entebbe. The best part of the week was a lesson we taught to this soldier on Tuesday. His name is Isaac. He had come to church on Sunday and when we asked him how he heard about the church he said he had just walked by and really felt strongly he needed to be there. We just taught him about the restoration, and it was such a simple lesson, but you could really tell he was getting it. When we were sharing, I testified to him about Joseph Smith and the first vision and the fact that he actually saw God the Father and Jesus Christ.   The spirit was so strong I got chills. When I was talking, I had a funny third person experience where I realized I was talking but wasn't really thinking about what I was saying. It felt good and it was undeniable that the spirit was there.  It was so humbling to know that it really was from the spirit and not at all from me. It felt so good. Even though it was such a seemingly small thing I really feel like it impacted me so strong. I think it was my all-time favorite moment of my mission. After we finished, he told us he knew it was true, he could feel it. Really, really cool. Also, another highlight was on Thursday (maybe?) We went and played soccer in the evening with the branch. It was SO fun, but I am SO BAD. All I know how to do is pressure pressure pressure I just chase the ball like crazy. Bailee should've prepared me better. It's a good thing I'm athletic or I'd be toast. Anyways that's about it, another good week


No comments:

Post a Comment