Monday, January 21, 2019

Week 54-Mbale, Uganda with Elders Hall and Asare





MOM THE PATRIOTS ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL!! Tuesday, we taught all day long and went to that forest I sent some pictures of. I didn't feel very good that day, my stomach was upset.  Wednesday, we went Jinja for zone conference, that night I had a rolex, like the 3rd one I've had on my mission. It's super bland, it's literally two tortillas and then two plain eggs with no salt. Who even would think of that?
The next day was zone conference and I had to talk about goals and goal setting. It went really well I think, but after we got some crazy news. President Collings decided to call Elder Hall to a new area.  So now it's just me and Elder Asare here in Mbale. That meant we had to drive back to Mbale that night to get Elder Hall's stuff (a three-hour drive) and then get him back to Jinja (another three-hour drive). The problem was that we were supposed to be in Kampala so we could go on exchanges that next day with the assistants, so it meant that I'd have to drive through the night to Kampala. It was super wild, but it all worked out well and we made it to Kampala around midnight. That Friday we had exchanges and they were wonderful, we had a really spiritual day. We taught a lot about the Book of Mormon. Saturday, I drove back to Mbale and we stopped in Lugazi to say hi to some people. I got to see Malayka and her son Britton. It was cool. That night we visited a few people we are teaching. Sunday was chaotic, running a new branch is a lot of hard work. But it's good, it's really neat to see the gospel of Jesus Christ practiced in such a raw form. It's really just a bunch of people who are trying their very best to run the church the way it's supposed to We're teaching so many people right now. We're already booked with appointments until Friday.   Tomorrow we are serving in the orphanage again. I will send some pictures next week.
Hahahah yes-larger women are considered attractive here… that's an African guy thing... Even my companion likes big girls. They consider it a sign of a good husband/ father /provider.
 Are you getting the boys to study the Come Follow me program with you? I really wish that we could all study it as a family. I would also LOVE to study that with Bailee. I think that sounds wonderful. That is so cool and symbolic, it sounds like you are learning so much about the Savior. That is incredible! I hope they boys really get on board with it. What a wonderful potential blessing that program is for our families and our testimonies.  



No comments:

Post a Comment