Friday, November 22, 2019

Week 98- Iganga, Uganda with Elder Bukasa



Monday, I had an interview with president Chatora. We talked a lot about discipleship and about how the end of my mission really doesn't have to be the end of anything. He encouraged me to continue to strive to become like the savior and live righteously. It was great. Tuesday was zone conference and I bore a departing testimony. We had an extremely spiritual lesson this week teaching brother John about the book of Mormon. He had lots of questions and really wanted to understand it. We left him to read 3 Nephi chapter 27 and when we met him later, he told us that when he read, he just absolutely knew it was true and really felt the spirit. It made me really happy to see someone get so much joy out of the book of Mormon because of how much I love it. Hopefully I'll get to see him be baptized before I leave. Two sisters we have been teaching, Olivia and Alice, came to church for the first time this Sunday and really enjoyed it. Last week we had two baptisms and this week William and Dorrine were confirmed. William especially is so so happy to be baptized and confirmed. It's been a long time coming for him, we've been teaching him for 6 months. On Sunday attendance was 110 people. When I first came here to Iganga 6 months ago it was in the 40's. It's been a blessing to see the ward here grow, and the members grow as well. 




  
















No comments:

Post a Comment