Monday, July 8, 2019

Week 79- Iganga, Uganda with Elder Bukasa

  

We have been very successful at finding people to teach in Iganga. We had 6 investigators come to church this week-although it was definitely not the best fast and testimony meeting. There are some growing pains in the church here and we had a drunkard do a comedy routine instead of a testimony. I had to explain to our visitors that this was not the normal feeling in church. Hopefully they will come back. I talked to the bishop and explained that he needed to kindly intervene and stop it from happening again. Luckily we had 2 other testimonies that were great and powerful. This week we were able to teach Ironman again and his daughter. Although I don't think Ironman is serious about the lessons. He is fun to visit and workout with but  his daughter is very interested in the church.
President and Sister Collings have officially been released. I really look up to them and enjoyed serving with them. I had my 1st interview with our new mission president.  And our first zone conference. It was wonderful! We had such good discussion about being better missionaries.  He talked alot about how the Lord can make our weaknesses become strengths. There was a strong spirit and new energy. Sister Chatora is bold and powerful as well. I really enjoyed visiting with her -plus I love to listen to Zimbabweans speak-they have a super cool accent.They also seem very aware of the hardships and conditions we experience as missionaries in Africa. President Chatora feels it is important to be feed temporally so we have the energy and strength to work hard and be great missionaries. I love working with Elder Bukasa. He is a rockstar teacher, hard working with a powerful testimony. Plus he is fun and a roman-greco wrestler from the DRC. His English is coming along well. One thing that has been difficult in this area is buying chicken. so far I have to travel to Jina to buy it. Which became a problem this week as taxi drivers went on strike. Thankfully a member was going and said he would buy it for me. I am adjusting well to the new area and enjoying missionary work!




  


No comments:

Post a Comment